We are going to explain how to prepare a tasty vegetarian moussaka, based on the preparation of three layers: a first layer of potato, another of aubergine and, finally, a layer of courgette , all covered with bechamel.
The result is delicious, so if you are thinking of inviting your loved ones over and you don’t know what to do, go ahead with this recipe that will leave everyone delighted.
RECETA DE MUSAKA VEGETARIANA
Although it is not a very difficult recipe to prepare, you will need time because you will be using the oven.
Type: Main dish
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 large potato
- 680g tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons basil
- extra virgin olive oil
- Bechamel (you can buy it made or make it yourself)
- Cut the aubergines into slices, better to be thinner than thicker. We put salt on them and let them release all the water for approximately 20 minutes.
- For this process we can use a strainer. Later, with a napkin, we remove the remaining water so that the dish does not remain with much liquid.
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC. Check out more at our site.
- Cut the zucchini into slices, more or less the same thickness as the aubergine, and set aside.
- In a pan with oil, sauté the onion and garlic until golden and transparent.
- Peel and crush the tomatoes with a blender and add them to the pan with the onion and garlic.
- Add salt, pepper and oregano to taste and cook over low heat for approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into slices and reserve.
- We grease a tray suitable for the oven and something deep and we begin to place the layers of our vegetarian moussaka.
- First, we are going to put the sliced potatoes filling the entire bottom of the tray and, on top, we will put a part of the tomato sauce that should cover all the potatoes.
- We continue adding layers, we put the aubergine on top of the potatoes and the tomato sauce, as well as the slices of courgette.
- Cover with the remaining tomato sauce.
- We spray the layers of the vegetarian moussaka with a jet of olive oil and, finally, we put the bechamel on top.
- Cover the pan with parchment paper and leave it in the oven for an hour and a half.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for half an hour before serving.
- We can garnish with some fresh chopped parsley, and it’s ready to eat!
Preparation time: 1h