Do you love quesada but you don’t eat it as much as you would like because you want to take care of your figure? In that case you can substitute the basic ingredients for other light ones. In this article we will give you a low-calorie quesada recipe.
LIGHT QUESADA RECIPE WITH QUARK CHEESE
For our first proposal we will use 0% fat whipped cheese, skimmed milk and sweetener, with which we will reduce calories. The ingredients that we will need for about 10 servings of this light quesada recipe are the following:
Guy: Afternoon snack
- 1/2 kg of quark cheese or beaten cheese 0% fat
- 1/2 liter of skimmed milk
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 75g cornstarch flour
- Sweetener (the equivalent of 100 g of sugar plus a little more for the caramel)
- sugar free candy
Ingredients for the caramel
- 60g agave syrup
- 25 ml of water
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
To prepare this low-calorie quesada recipe, the first thing we have to do is prepare the caramel. But this time we are not going to do it with sugar, not even with sweetener. We are going to follow the sugar-free caramel recipe from the Cocinillas blog . That said, let’s go with the steps to follow:
- We prepare the caramel. We will do it in the microwave, so we only have to take a container suitable for this appliance (better not made of plastic) that is tall.
- Add the 3 ingredients for the caramel and mix with a spoon.
- Heat for 2 minutes at medium power, remove and stir again.
- We heat another 20 seconds at the same intensity and check that bubbles have formed on the entire surface. If so, we remove. If not, we repeat the process another 10 seconds.
- When it is ready, pour it into the mold that we are going to use to bake the quesada. We distribute well throughout the base. We booked.
- In another container we are beating the eggs, along with the sweetener and the beaten cheese. We beat with the help of some rods. Check out more at our site.
- Add the milk, vanilla and cornstarch and beat again.
- Pour the mixture into the mold and bake for one hour at 180ºC (the oven must be preheated).
- Once ready, remove from the oven and let cool before unmolding.
Preparation time: 1h
We can also make the quesada in the microwave. For this we can use a silicone mold. 10 minutes at medium power should be enough for it to set. If not, we leave it another 5 minutes and so on.
On the other hand, the amount of sweetener in the quesada recipe will depend on the one we use. I always use stevia, whose equivalence is 1 tablespoon per cup of sugar or 0.6 grams of stevia per 100 grams of sugar.
QUESADA WITH SKIMMED YOGURT
Another option is to replace the milk with a natural skimmed yogurt and not make caramel. We can also use light cheese spread and natural or lemon-flavored yogurts (skimmed in both cases), as we will see below. We follow the recipe of María José’s creations :
Guy: Afternoon snack
- 250 g light cheese spread
- 3 skimmed lemon yogurts (can be replaced with natural yogurts)
- 4 tablespoons of wholemeal flour
- 3 tablespoons of sweetener
- 3 eggs
- To prepare this recipe for quesada with cream cheese, the first thing we will do is mix the cream cheese with the yogurts, helping us with some rods.
- Then add the flour and mix until the lumps disappear.
- Add the sweetener and mix again. Lastly, add the eggs and stir.
- Pour the dough into a greased and floured baking pan.
- Bake at 200 ºC with heat up and down for half an hour.
Preparation time: 50 min
Whatever recipe we choose, we can always accompany it with a little light jam.