Delicious snacks can be prepared without spending a lot of money, even if we have guests and want to do something different. We can start by choosing seasonal products, which are always cheaper.
Another way to save is not to throw anything away. Do you have fruit that has become too ripe and no one wants it anymore? Chop it up and make a smoothie with milk or ice cream.
Do you have a craving for something sweet? Look for recipes that use cheap ingredients that you usually have in your pantry, such as flour, eggs, milk and sugar. The cost of preparing a homemade sponge cake , custard, flan , pudding or rice pudding is minimal. Especially if you compare it with any industrial product.
Thus, to lead by example, we have prepared two cheap recipes that can be used for breakfast or to surprise your loved ones with delicious snacks that are different from the ones they usually eat.
2 RECIPES OF RICH AND CHEAP SNACKS
1. LIGHT PANCAKES WITH YOGURT AND FRUIT
Guy: Afternoon snack
In addition, rich and cheap, this snack recipe has hardly any fat. To prepare the pancakes we will need:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of skimmed or vegetable milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- Olive oil
- 1 skimmed plain yogurt
- Seasonal fruit or homemade jam
- In a bowl, mix the flour and salt.
- Make a hole in the middle and add the egg. Mix well.
- Add the milk and stir until smooth and lump-free. Check out more at our site.
- Heat a frying pan with a drop of oil and pour in the batter. Cook until the pancakes are golden on both sides.
- Remove to a plate and cover with natural yogurt and a few pieces of fruit.
Preparation time: 20 min
The number of pancakes you get will depend on the size of the pan. If you want more, you just have to double the amounts.
You can see more pancake recipes for delicious snacks in this article.
2. CARROT CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE COVERAGE
Guy: Afternoon snack
Any homemade sponge cake is good, but the carrot and chocolate give it that extra flavor that makes it part of this selection of delicious snacks. Write down the ingredients, although I’m sure you have most of them at home.
- 3 large carrots
- 3 cups of flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of oil
- 1 tablet of chocolate for desserts
- 1 small brick of liquid cream for desserts
Before you start with the preparation, make sure that the cup you are going to use to measure the quantities is the same for all the ingredients. You will also need to preheat the oven to 180ºC and spread a baking pan with olive oil and a little sprinkled flour.
So that the cake comes out perfect the first time, you just have to worry about following the following steps in order:
- Peel the carrots, chop them and crush them with the blender or the kitchen robot.
- Add the egg yolks, sugar (or sweetener) and oil. Beat until you get a homogeneous mass.
- Add the flour and yeast to the previous mixture, previously sifted (I use a large strainer). Mix all the ingredients well until you have a lump-free dough.
- Pour the dough into the mold that you already had greased and bake for about 30 or 40 minutes, at 180 ºC. It is important not to open the oven during this time so that the cake does not fall.
- You confirm cooking with a toothpick or the tip of a knife. If it comes out clean, remove from the oven and set aside.
- When the cake has cooled, cover with the chocolate coating.
You can prepare the chocolate while the cake is in the oven. You can do it in the microwave. To do this, all you have to do is cut the tablet into pieces, place them in a microwave-safe container and cook for a few minutes until liquid remains. The ideal is to take it out every 60 seconds and stir it a little.
Once ready, mix it with the liquid cream and reserve at room temperature until the cake has warmed up.
Preparation time: 1h